How To Encode Tracks Using iTunes
Someone asked me this ‘How To’ this morning, so here, in another back-to-basics post, is how to encode a track using iTunes.
- Either put in a CD or select the track you want to encode
- Go to ‘Preferences’. On a PC this is in FILE, on a Mac it’s in the APPLE
- Go to Advanced
- Select ‘Importing’
- Select MP3 and the bit rate – we suggest 192kbs
- Hit OK
- Right click on the track you want to encode
- Select ‘Convert Selection to MP3’
- The track will now be encoded into an MP3 and will probably be in your iTunes music folder.
- Using this you can encode a 192 MP3 to a 128 MP3, essential if you want to upload the track to Last.fm