See Things Differently
Artists are regularly told it’s essential to keep in constant contact with fans. Yet artists can discover that thinking of something new and different to write every day is a struggle. Here are 10 quick and easy ideas to post as Status updates on Facebook or Twitter.
1. A photo from the studio / tour / band practice / backstage
2. Anniversary of an event, i.e. “One year ago today we released…..” or “One year ago today we began our tour of……”
3. Comment on a post or email posted by a fan
4. Highlight an item of merchandise in the artist store. Can be an existing one or a new item.
5. Ask a question or poll. “Which of our tracks would you play on a Friday night before you go out”
6. Quote a lyric from one of your songs
7. Post a link to a fan site or blog that has mentioned you
8. Post a remix or bootleg / mashup / mixcloud featuring your track
9. Post a YouTube video – live recording, interview, TV appearance, promo video etc
10. Post a link to another artist covering one of your songs or to an artist you like.